Wanted: Experienced Store Manager (Full Time)
Posted on September 16 2021
If you are a Design Lover, with a commitment to Social Justice, who is looking for a Creative Role in Retail - We Want to Hear from You.
We Make Good Is Ireland’s first and only social enterprise design brand. Established in 2018, we are a small team of committed hard working people with a passion for social justice, working towards a more equal fair society, one product at a time.
We Make Good is growing. We have just established a printed textiles workroom at our Fade St store, and a sewn textiles in Mountjoy Square. Our production processes support people disadvantaged backgrounds (Traveller, Experience of Prison/Probation or Rehabilitation, from a Refugee background or living with a Disability) to develop workplace skills and the skills they need to attain their goals. This is an opportunity to contribute to the growth of this award winning social enterprise. Help us redefine what shopping can be.
The Store manager plays a key role in engaging people with this exciting story. If you are passionate about social justice, design, are adaptable and creative, hard-working and want to make a difference – we’d love to hear from you.
The Role: Store Manager & Merchandiser
This is a diverse role based in our lovely shop on Fade Street. You will be managing a small team, some of whom come from disadvantaged backgrounds. You’ll be responsible for the day to day operations of our retail business, which includes online and in-store sales and customer service, stock management and merchandising.
You will work closely with the other areas of our business, namely our sewn textiles and printed textiles workrooms and also with our suppliers, all social enterprises across the country. You will be part of a hard working team of creative, committed people and will be given ownership of your work. You will be encouraged to bring your own creativity to the role and to explore new areas in our business – we will support you to grow into and expand your role to match your areas of interest.
Our ideal candidate:
- Is passionate about social justice and about creating opportunities for people from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Is passionate about design
- Is interested in product development
- Enjoys writing and creating content for social media
- Has a knowledge of marketing with a focus on digital
- Has retail (or similar) experience and is committed to excellent and consistent customer experience
- Has merchandising and stock management experience
- Is strong on administration
- Has good communication skills
- Is organised, tidy and good at keeping systems
- Is interested in growing a business, and being part of a motivated and fast moving team
- A good communicator, listener and team player
- Experienced in managing others and Interested in helping others to learn and develop
- Punctual, reliable and flexible with rotation of daily duties
Responsibilities (will include, but are not limited to)
- Day to Day management of an online/physical shop
- Cash handling/reconciliation
- Training (1 team member)
- Working with suppliers
- Engaging with corporate clients
- Product development (where there is an interest)
- Stock Management and merchandising
- Ordering and wholesaling
- Social Media planning and implementation (Instagram)
- Assisting with shop events (workshops etc)
Required skill set
- At least two years retail experience or similar
- Strong knowledge of social media and experience in content development
- Strong communication skills
- Drivers licence and access to a vehicle
- People management experience
- Skills or qualifications in a design related field
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applicants from a diversity of backgrounds.
Please apply with CV and cover letter or short video (we really like this) to firstname.lastname@example.org using Store Manager in the subject line. Application deadline is 6pm Sunday the 3rd of October with interviews on the 7th of October in the afternoon – please try and keep this time free. We will be in touch by 5th to let you know if you have been shortlisted for interview
Where is it based: Fade St, Dublin 2
When: Hours are full time - 39 hours per week and schedules will be arranged with you.
Remuneration: Starting salary: €29,000 with a bonus based on sales
Interviews: These will held on 7th of October.