Wanted: Experienced Print Studio Co-ordinator (Part Time)
Posted on July 02 2021
Print Studio Coordinator
We Make Good Is Ireland’s first social enterprise design brand. Established in 2018, we are a small team of committed hard working people with a passion for social justice, working towards a more equal fair society, one product at a time. We have grown from a pop up shop in 2018, to an online shop in 2019, then another pop up on Fade Street, Dublin 2 in winter 2019…where we reside to this day! In 2019 we established a sewing room, The Textile Studio, for women from a refugee background – a training and employment project that would harness the skills and talents of women building a new life for themselves here in Ireland. The studio has now accessed state funding and will be working with people from a refugee, migrant Traveller background or who have a past conviction and have found it difficult to get work. This summer we are setting up our textile screen printing studio and we have part time role available for a skilled and committed Co-ordinator.
The Role: Print Studio Coordinator
This person will oversee the work of the studio, reporting to the We Make Good Manager. In addition to creating printed textiles for use in We Make Good products, we will provide a printing service to clients for events/conferences and other stores and brands. There will be other print techniques used in addition to silk screen printing in which the coordinator will have to become adept and in turn, train the studio assistant.
The co-ordinator is a technical and business development role. The job involves producing work, training one staff member (on a CSP Programme), as well as working alongside the senior team to identify new business opportunities and grow our income.
Our ideal candidate is:
- Experienced in screen printing textiles and all associated processes
- A good working knowledge of fabrics and their uses
- Experienced in working with clients / customers and making new contacts and business opportunities
- Accurate and has an eye for detail
- Interested in growing a business and able to think outside the box
- Flexible with rotation of daily duties
- A good communicator, listener and team player
- Interested in learning and helping others to learn
- Creative and innovative
- Punctual and reliable
- Has a sense of humour and be resilient under pressure
Responsibilities (will include, but are not limited to):
- Managing workflow within the studio
- Training the studio assistant
- New business creation and pricing/quoting (you will be working with the management team to develop pricing standards)
- Maintaining stock controls and ordering
- Managing clients and contracts
- Quality Control and working with the team to complete each order to the set standard
- New product development
- Workshop facilitation for the public
- Contribution to overall business goals and activities, i.e. marketing, policy, lead generation etc.
- At least three years professional experience in print (post qualification)
- Experience in project management
- Experience of managing others
- Experience and success business environment
- Drivers licence
- Experience of working marginalised groups
This is a part time position. Rate of pay for this role is €32,000 Pro rata, with potential for team target based bonuses.
Please apply with CV and cover letter, which shows your appropriateness for the role. Reply to firstname.lastname@example.org using Print Studio Co-ordinator in the subject line.