About We Make Good
We Make Good Is Ireland’s first social enterprise design brand. Established in 2018, we are a small team of committed hard working people with a passion for social justice, working towards a more equal fair society, one product at a time.
We are looking for people who, due to being from a refugee/migrant background, Traveller, or having a criminal record or who are in recovery from addiction, have found it hard to find a job in a creative field.
Job Title: Sewing Machinist (Garment and homewares)
We are looking for a machinist to join our growing team. The job involves sewing and finishing high quality garments, accessories and homewares (such as curtains & cushions). Quality and speed are important in this role, but training will be provided. An experienced sewer can move up the pay categories faster, so please let us know your level of experience.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Fabric cutting
- Machine sewing & finishing to patterns provided
- Hand sewing
- Quality control
- Stock management
- Ironing and fabric preparation
- Machine set up and basic maintenance
- Attending training & upskilling
- Workroom clean up
- Other tasks as requested
- Attending training and team meetings etc
Reports to: The Production Manager
Based in: 24 Mountjoy Sq East, Dublin 1
- Full time: 9:00am – 5:00pm (39 hours) with 30 mins for lunch and 2 x 15 min breaks
- Or Part time (3 to 4 days) for the the right candidate
Rates of pay: €11.30- €13 per hour depending on experience, increasing over time depending on performance and attendance
- Hard worker
- Interest in design and construction
- A non-judgemental and open attitude
- Ability to take personal responsibility and take instruction
Send in a CV and cover letter or short video to email@example.com with the text ‘Machinist for WMG’ in the email subject line, with the following points addressed (applications that do not address these points will not be considered):
- State whether you are unemployed and a Traveller, a Refugee or Migrant, or if you have a criminal record or are in recovery from addiction
- State that you have a valid work permit
- Tell us why you want this role
If you want more information please contact Lucy on 087 968 4976
For this role, there will be a paid job trial.